Try this incredibly unique and delicious Kashmiri Naan recipe if you are looking for interesting new flatbread recipes. India is one of the most diverse countries with some truly fascinating regional cuisines and food items that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. There are vast differences between the way food including flatbreads and how it is prepared in all parts of India. This Kashmiri Naan recipe made with AASHIRVAAD Select Atta is one such refreshing dish you can try making at home.
AASHIRVAAD Select Atta is made with 100% Sharbati Wheat. This type of wheat is only grown in the Sehore region of Madhya Pradesh, and it has some unique characteristics that set it apart from wheat grown in other parts of the country. AASHIRVAAD wheat flour made from Sharbati Wheat absorbs more water which makes rotis, parathas and naans prepared with it much softer. Flatbreads made with AASHIRVAAD Select Atta also taste great since Sharbati Wheat is slightly sweeter.
This Kashmiri Naan recipe is quite different, and contains many ingredients that one would not necessarily add to their flatbreads. However, these qualities are what make the Kashmiri Naan so wonderful and tasty.
Kashmiri Naan made with AASHIRVAAD Select Atta Recipe Information
- Type of Recipe: Main Course
- Cuisine: Kashmiri
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
Kashmiri Naan made with AASHIRVAAD Select Atta Recipe Ingredients
- AASHIRVAAD Select Atta – 2 Cups
- AASHIRVAAD Salt – 1 ½ Tsp
- Yeast – 1 Tsp
- Sugar – 2 Tbsp
- Yogurt – ¼ Cup
- Warm Water – ½ Cup
- Paneer – 100g
- Potato – 1
- Chopped Almonds – 1 Tbsp
- Chopped Cashews Nuts – 1 Tbsp
- Raisins – 2 Tbsp
- Coriander Leaves – 2 Tbsp
- White Pepper – ½ Tsp
- Butter – For Brushing
How to make Kashmiri Naan made with AASHIRVAAD Select Atta Recipe?
- Add warm water, sugar and yeast to a large bowl. Mix well with a spoon.
- Now add AASHIRVAAD Select Atta to the bowl followed by 1 Tsp Salt, and Yogurt.
- Mix well with hands and knead it into a firm dough. Then allow the dough to rest until it has doubled in size.
- While the dough is resting, take a separate bowl and add one crushed boiled potato, grated paneer, almonds, and cashew nuts, raisins, coriander leaves, white pepper and ½ Salt to it. This is the stuffing for your Kashmiri Naan.
- Stir with a spoon until all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Now once your dough has doubled in size, knead it for a few seconds and then prepare dough balls with it. They should be the size of your palm.
- Take the dough balls and flatten them with your hands. Dust them with some flour, add a spoonful of the stuffing and place it in the centre.
- Fold the flattened dough ball from all sides and cover the stuffing fully. This process is similar to the way Aloo Parathas are prepared.
- Slowly flatten the dough with a rolling pin into a flatbread that is oval shaped. Sprinkle chopped almonds and coriander leaves on top and press gently with your fingers.
- It is time to cook your Kashmiri Naan on the griddle. Cook it well on both sides and then brush the Naan with butter.