A bread roll can be considered a comfort food that can be savoured as a snack, especially during early morning meals. A bread roll is a popular breakfast snack in European countries that are eaten alongside a dash of butter. A traditional bread rolls recipe is usually prepared to create a plain loaf of bread that is fresh and fluffy which is then served with a dash of butter on top.
However, the same bread rolls can be prepared with spices to create a stuffing in between each bread loaf that is mildly spicy and wholesome. The preparation of bread rolls starts with atta which is turned into a dough, and this dough is then divided into small pieces. A wide variety of shapes and sizes of bread rolls can be created by passing these small pieces of dough through a piece of particular equipment.
These small pieces of bread rolls are then freshly baked in batches in a commercial oven to create soft and fluffy textured bites of deliciousness. In this recipe, we are going to give a savoury twist to the traditional bread rolls recipe. This bread roll recipe will consist of a spicy filling to give a unique flavour profile to each bite of bread.
The atta used in this bread rolls recipe will be Aashirvaad atta which is prepared from whole wheat grains without any adulteration. The bread rolls prepared from Aashirvaad atta will be wholesome as this atta is rich in dietary fibre and nutrients. Also, quality spices from the Aashirvaad range such as Aashirvaad salt will be used in this recipe.
- 1 cup Aashirvaad Atta
- 1 tsp Aashirvaad Salt
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 tsp Instant Yeast
- 1 tsp Oil
- ¼ cup Onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Garlic (finely chopped)
- ½ tbsp Green Chillies (finely chopped)
- ½ cup Coriander (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Water (as required)
Preparation of Bread Rolls Recipe:
- Start by adding oil to a pan and heat the oil, then add finely chopped onions, garlic, and green chillies to the oil. Sauté the added ingredients in the pan and mix them well. Now, add the finely chopped coriander, turmeric powder and salt to the mixture.
- Mix well till all the ingredients become uniform, keep the mixture aside to cool down. Take another bowl and add the instant yeast to it. Now, add warm water and sugar to the instant yeast and set it aside for 10 minutes. This process will activate the yeast which will help the bread rolls to rise.
- Add the Aashirvaad atta, salt, and butter to the yeast alongside the filling that we created earlier. Knead the mixture into a dough till the dough becomes smooth and consistent. Rest the dough for 20 mins by covering it with a wet cloth. Divide the dough into equal portions and form them into smaller balls.
- Rest these balls again for 30 mins by covering them with a wet cloth. Take a baking pan and place the balls gently while applying butter on top of each ball. Pre-heat the oven and bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes. Your soft and fluffy bread rolls will be ready to be savoured for breakfast.